Thursday, April 13, 2017

#100MilesOfCourage

Happy April, everyone! I know, I know.  I'm a horrible blogger.  This year has been a bit of a doozy but despite everything going on both personally and professionally, I still think it's already been a much better year than 2016.  Someday I promise to share more about what's going on but for now I'll keep those details private out of respect for those that are impacted.  I hope you all understand!
 
I do have something exciting that I'd love to share with everyone.  As you all know, every year I try to find a philanthropic cause to dedicate my time to. This year I've joined the #100MilesofCourage campaign as an Awareness Leader and I have committed to run/walk/hike 100 miles in the month of April for National Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Awareness month. I even had the opportunity to work with some of the amazing team members on the campaign's promotional video.  No speaking parts for me because I'm incredibly shy and the idea of any kind of spotlight or focused attention gives me anxiety, but I had a ton of fun participating.
 
 
I may/may not have squealed in excitement when the promotional video was launched.  They did a great job on it and it's been amazing to see how much engagement and participation it's helped to bring to the campaign.  If you're interested in seeing the promotional video, click here.  I'm apparently not tech savvy enough to figure out how to embed the video without completely distorting the quality.  I'll figure it out one day.
 
So far I've only ran 16 miles for the month so I have a lot of catching up to do but I'm determined to get in the 100 miles that I committed to at the very least.
 
Please consider joining me on the #100MilesofCourage team to help bring awareness to such an important cause.  If you're not interested in committing to the miles, please consider supporting the campaign with a donation to the Monterey County Rape Crisis Center. 
 
 Every penny counts and every donation makes a huge difference:
 
 
Thank you!
 
Do you have a philanthropic cause that is important to you?  What do you do to support your cause?  Any tips on increasing engagement, participation and/or donations?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Doing something for a cause is always a great thing.

    ReplyDelete