Monday, February 6, 2017

It's February!

Happy February everyone!  I had grand plans of kicking off the new month with some killer workouts, runs and hikes but California weather has been very uncooperative lately and it turned out to be another wet weekend.  Nonetheless, I still got in a fun adventure with Michele and Chyrl on Saturday.
 
The three of us decided to take a trip up to Nisene Marks State Park since none of us had been there before.  Even though the weather was predicting some rain we decided to go for it anyway.  The skies were overcast but stayed dry for the most part.
 

We took a pic of the trail map
to make sure we didn't get lost
 
I would tell you what trails we hopped on but I honestly can't remember.  In fact, I'm the most directionally challenged person on the face of the planet so even if I did tell you where I thought the trails were, I'll probably just get you lost. Sorry!
 
We started off by jumping onto a trailhead right off of the first parking lot after the entrance kiosk.  It was just so scenic out there and I was immediately in my happy place.  It was also very muddy so we hiked pretty much the entire time. 
 

Travel the road less taken

Sooo pretty. The single track was my fave.
 
Three happy girls

About halfway through, it started raining so we made the executive decision to turn back.  None of us wanted to risk getting sick or twisting an ankle in the mud.  I will say, I was surprised by how many runners, hikers and even cyclists were out there.  It was so nice to see!  It was refreshing to see so many new faces who were equally passionate about spending time in nature being active.  We'll certainly be back again for a more extensive hike/run trip...preferably, when it's warmer and drier. 

Love that there's so much water in the river
 
Run happy
 
After all of our trail shenanigans, we headed over to New Leaf Community Market to grab some brunch and do some shopping.  New Leaf Community Market is like a local Whole Foods/Trader Joe's.  Really cute with lots of unique food items that I've never seen elsewhere.  I wanted to buy everything and somehow left with a bag full of stuff and a $70 bill.  Still not sure how that happened.  
 
Happy ladies ready to grub

Refueling!
 
If you've never been to Nisene Marks, I highly recommend it.  And while you're out in the area stop by New Leaf Community Market.  Completely worth the trip!
 
What did you do this weekend?  Did you do anything new to ring in the new month?  Were you watching the game on Sunday?  Or are you non-Superbowl fan?


No comments:

Post a Comment