Monday, January 9, 2017

January 2017 Update

Oh 2017, I still love you but man you've given my new year a rough start.  I came back from Vegas and immediately came down with the gnarly cold that's going around.  Me being the typical stubborn runner that I am, I insisted on still toeing the start line at the 2017 Rio Resolution Run because I refused to let some cold keep me from starting the year off doing what I love.
 
Smiling but miserable
 
I finished the race but holy cow it was one of the most miserable experiences I've ever had, with non-stop coughing and difficulty breathing.  In fact, I made an mid-race decision to downgrade to the 5k instead of the 10k I was registered for because I was struggling so much.  At one point I swore I was going to throw-up because I was coughing so hard.  Not cool!
 
Needless to say, I probably added several days to my recovery and have been homebound since.  No running, no working out, no doing anything.  At all.  To say I'm in dire need of some kind of physical activity is an understatement.  Talk about cranky!
 
I have my fingers crossed that I'll be back to normal soon.  I'm feeling better but I still have a residual cough that's driving me nuts and some congestion.  I need to do something before I go crazy from inactivity.  Literally.
 
How has your 2017 been so far?  Have you managed to avoid getting sick?


No comments:

Post a Comment