Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Back At It!

After two weeks of being sick and completely inactive, I am finally better! Hallelujah!  I cannot tell you how cranky I was getting about not being able to workout and run.  It was horrible.
 
On Thursday I still had a lingering cough but I couldn't take it anymore so I attended a HIIT the Barre class at the Carmel Barre studio.  The instructor, Gracie, killed me with burpees, push-ups, planks, crunches, various squats and lunges, etc.  I loved every torturous second of it!
 
On Saturday I woke up with full-on soreness from the HIIT class but I still decided to attend the #BODYPUMP100 launch at our local gym.  My friend was co-teaching it and I had never tried a BodyPump class before so I was really excited (but scared) to give it a try.  It was awesome!  I readily admit that I don't lift weights and I have absolutely no upper body strength so it was really challenging for me. It was a good challenge though and I'm looking forward to incorporating it into my cross training schedule.
 
On Monday my friend Sarah invited me to join her for a run on the trails in Fort Ord.  You guys, I was so deliriously happy to be able to run again!  Yes, my pace was much slower than it normally is and yes, my lungs were still compromised.  But I ran!  I was literally on a runner's high for the rest of the day.
 

So happy!

Look at those smiling faces
 
I am so relieved to finally be feeling normal again and can't wait to continue hitting my runs and workouts hard.  This girl's got some goals to smash this year!
 
What did you do over the weekend?  Did you do anything fun for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment