Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Mermaid Series + SisuGirls = #WOMANPOWER

Hi everyone!  I know it's been a while since I've been on this blog and I wish I had a better excuse other than life got in the way but...well, LIFE!

As far as running goes, I've been running more but it's nothing that I could call consistent.  Training has been haphazard at best.  Yes, I have a marathon coming up. No, I am not anywhere near ready.  But you know what I'm ok with that!  I'm going to celebrate my birthday by running/walking/dancing for 26.2 miles and I'll be celebrating a PR for my age no matter how I cross that finish line so I fully plan on enjoying every single step.

I also have some really exciting news to share with you.  I'm thrilled to announce that I have been given the opportunity to represent the Mermaid Series as one of their events ambassadors. For those who aren't familiar with what the Mermaid Series is, here's their mission statement directly from their website:

Mermaid Series is a welcoming community that inspires women from all backgrounds to realize their full potential.

Mermaid Series strives to serve as a catalyst for change in women's lives as they set and discover new goals for themselves in fitness and in life.  We are committed to the pursuit of each Mermaid's healthy lifestyle. 
 
Mermaid Series events aim to provide a positive and encouraging environment, inspiring each Mermaid Athlete to cross the finish line. 
 
A community of women inspiring, encouraging and cheering on each other to achieve their fitness and life goals.  How awesome is that?!
I'm a mermaid!
 
In addition, I've also been given the honor and privilege to serve as a SisuGirls Champion.  For those who are unfamiliar with what "sisu" means and what SisuGirls is about, here's a quick explanation directly from their website:
 
Sisu (see soo) is a Finnish term loosely translated into the English language as strength of will, determination, bravery, perseverance and acting rationally in the face of adversity.  Sisu is about taking action against the odds and displaying courage.  Deciding on a course of action and sticking to that decision against repeated set-backs is sisu.

Sisu is a mindset, a spirit and a characteristic we can develop.  

SisuGirls is a global community passionate about developing bravery, confidence, & strength in girls.

We want girls to have the bravery to try new things, the confidence to step out of their comfort zone and the strength to persevere when times are tough.

 #SisuGirls #livecorageously

I am beyond excited to be representing two phenomenal communities who emphasize motivating, encouraging and empowering women and young girls. With all the negative, horrible things pervading the news recently it is so refreshing to be a part of communities that are focusing on building and lifting each other up instead of tearing each other down.




No comments:

Post a Comment