Monday, January 4, 2016

Hello 2016!

Happy New Year everyone!  Did you do anything fun to celebrate?  My boyfriend and I rang in the New Year with the east coast then I promptly went to sleep well before midnight (I wasn't feeling well).

So far 2016 has been pretty awesome.  I started off the year with our local Rio Grill Resolution Run on January 1st.  It was a struggle getting out of bed and an even bigger challenge trying to convince myself that I wanted to run in the 30ish degree weather, but it was so satisfying to know that the first thing that I did in the new year was the exact thing that brought me the most joy.

See!  So happy. So cold.
 
That was followed-up with a long trail run with Sarah the next day.  So I goofed and had been pushing so hard all week with workouts and runs that I forgot to schedule a full rest day for myself.  I knew from the very first step on that run that it was going to be a suffer fest.  Fatigued body, heavy legs and sleep deprivation made for a really tough run and I had to fight for every mile.  Thankfully, Sarah was really encouraging and supportive and I got in 18 miles despite how my body was feeling.
 
Trails are so pretty!
 
My new Altra Olympus 2.0 rocked!
 
Today will be a cross training day and depending on how work goes I'll either be going to an Abs & Assets class followed by Body Sculpt (I did this last week and afterwards I was sore all week) or a barre class.  For the rest of the week I hope to alternate runs and cross training to help rebuild my running base as well as overall functional strength and mobility. 
 
I'm also happy to report that I'm still all aboard the clean eating train.  My 30 day Whole30 challenge has started and so far so good!  I've been a grocery shopping, meal prepping machine!  For example, this morning I had two egg muffins for breakfast (eggs, ground turkey, super greens and bell peppers), for lunch I had a super greens salad with bell peppers, mushrooms and tuna and for dinner I'll have my favorite stuffed sweet potato with spicy ground bison, super greens and caramelized garlic & onions.  I've never had bison before so I'm excited to try it out!
 
I'm hoping I can keep this momentum going for the rest of 2016! 
 
How has your 2016 been so far?  Do you have any goals or resolutions that you're working towards?



No comments:

Post a Comment