Tuesday, February 3, 2015

It's February! - January Rundown

Happy February everyone!  Is it just me or did January seem like it lasted 10 minutes?  The month just flew by!

For those who are interested here's quick rundown of my progress in January:

The good

1) Miles Ran: 85 miles.  I had high hopes of at least breaking 100 miles this month but got derailed a little with work.  It's ok though!  The miles that I did run were quality miles and I'm already showing improvement in both speed and endurance.

2) Cross training like a beast!  I have been uber consistent with getting my cross training in so far.  Every week I get in some combination of R.I.P.P.E.D., barre and TRX.  I am loving it!  I love how much stronger I'm getting and seeing how much I've progressed in just one month.

3) I am sooo happy to be able to say that I've been sticking to clean eating thus far and I haven't killed anyone!  Meal prep has been pretty consistent and even my cheat meals have stayed relatively clean.  Yay me!

The bad

1) Sleep is still as struggle for me.  On a good night I get in 6 hours of sleep (usually closer to 4-5 hours).  I really need to figure out how to consistently get 8 hours of sleep in.  My body really needs the rest!

2) Water.  I'm still not drinking enough water.  I'm better than I was but I'm not drinking nearly as much as I should given my activity level.

3) Rest.  Although I'm better at this than I've been (like ever), I'm still struggling with wanting to get in all the runs and all the workouts.  I technically have two fully dedicated rest days on my training calendar however the reality is that I usually take only one.  Obviously one full rest day isn't really cutting it considering how much I put my body through.  I don't want to end up injuring myself so I need to get better at sticking to my rest days.

Annnd...that's it!  That's how 2015 has been shaping up for me so far.  I'm determined to make February even better!


No comments:

Post a Comment