Monday, January 12, 2015

Weekly Update and New Adventures

I survived my third week of clean eating and my second week of my new workout regiment without killing anyone! Yay me!  I'm actually having a lot of fun and it's been encouraging to already see changes.  I've got a ton more energy and I'm leaning out while getting stronger, more flexible and building lean muscle.  I'm loving it!  Here's what I was up to since the last update:

Tuesday

Ahhh R.I.P.P.E.D.  This has become my go to crosstraining workout and still kicks my behind every single time.  I was so wiped out that all I had energy for was a picture of my shoes and weights as I sat sweating on the floor.  Sexy right?!

This is all I could muster up the energy for
 
Wednesday
 
R.I.P.P.E.D. killed me but despite the fact that my legs were obviously heavy, fatigued and sore I still met up with some friends after work to get in a 6 mile run.  This run was a struggle but thanks to my friend Ben and his fifty foot legs (no lie, this guy is 6'4" and his legs are taller than I am!) I got in some decently speedy miles.
 
Goofballs. I love them!
 
Thursday
 
R.I.P.P.E.D. again! At this point my legs hated me but I still pushed as hard as I could through the workout although I did modify with some lighter weights.  My instructor, Marivel, is 5 months pregnant and she still whooped all of our behinds! 
 
I needed a breather before I tried to stand up

Isn't my R.I.P.P.E.D. instructor adorable?  She is a badass beast!
 

Friday
 
Rest day!  I had a hot date with my foam roller, R8 roller and TriggerPoint therapy massage ball.  It hurt sooo bad but my muscles thanked me for it afterwards.
 
Saturday
 
10.5 mile run through Carmel and up Palo Corona.  This view never gets old.  Never.
 
Trails and gorgeous views make me a happy girl
 
Afterwards me and my friends celebrated by grabbing brunch at a local restaurant where I rewarded my belly with a clean meal of seared ahi, mashed cauliflower, avocado and sautéed mushrooms.  It was delicious!
 
 
 
Sunday
 
For whatever reason I thought taking a barre class the day after a long run would be a good idea.  My legs did not agree with me.  I was shaking the entire time and oh-my-GAWD it hurt so bad!  But it was a good hurt so I'm ok with it.  I do have to take a serious look at my calendar and see when to squeeze barre in.  Once my mileage starts creeping up into the 16+ miles range there's no way my legs will be able to survive an entire barre class the day after a long run.
 
 


How was your week?  How are your fitness and diet goals coming along?



1 comment:

  1. Grest job, superstar! What restaurant is that ahi dish from? Want!

    ReplyDelete