Wednesday, September 3, 2014

To Run Or Not To Run

Since it was Labor Day weekend and we got an extra day off, I had grand running and workout plans.  I was going to run both Saturday and Monday and get into the gym on Sunday and Monday afternoon. Yeah...so that didn't happen.

Saturday morning I was up bright and early to lead my Team in Training team's buddy run.  We were slated for 6 miles (for the half marathoners) or 8 miles (for the full marathoners) for the day. I woke up feeling a little off but still planned on getting the 8 miles in.  Unfortunately my body had other plans as I suddenly felt awful after the first mile of the run to the point where I had to literally stop by mile two.  I stood there for a minute to rally myself and decided I felt well enough to push for one more mile even if I walked it before heading back to the start to wait for the rest of the team to come in.  Needless to say I was pissed but I knew it would do me no good to push for another 2 miles when I felt miserable.  Once the entire team made it back I went home, threw on pajamas and did absolutely nothing for the rest of the day.

That smile is deceptive.  Fake it 'til you make it!

Sunday morning I still felt a little off.  I was supposed to go to the gym however due to the fact that I was plastered on my couch all Saturday, I spent practically all day doing all of the chores and errands I had to catch up on instead.  Laundry, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, deep cleaning the bathroom & kitchen, grocery shopping and getting my car washed all count as cross training right?!

Monday was the day I was supposed to make for being a fitness slacker all weekend.  I had plans to meet up with some friends in the morning for a 10 mile run.  Instead, I woke up with a sore throat and a pissed off, achey body so those plans went out the window.  I spent the entire day moping around my apartment because I really wanted to run or workout or do SOMETHING. *sigh* At least I wasn't entirely unproductive.  I now have an extremely clean apartment.

And since I didn't get to do much of anything fitness related this past weekend, I thought I'd share one of my favorite pictures that a friend of mine took of me running.  It makes me happy just looking at it.

My happy place

No comments:

Post a Comment