Sunday, July 6, 2014

No Excuses!

*Disclaimer: The following post will contain some foul language.  I apologize for the expletives but they most accurately described how I was feeling.

I know I've gone radio silent on the blog for a while. I'm sorry about that.  This year has been a doozy for me and it seems like life isn't gonna let up any time soon.  Long story short, I found out some devastating news about a family member recently and it's knocked me on my ass.  There's been a lot of crying, a lot of "it's not fair" and a lot of just being an unmotivated slug.  And honestly...it's completely unacceptable!  How dare I use that news as an excuse to hole myself up and do nothing?  How dare I wallow in my own emotions when my family member has the strength and courage to continue to smile through life?  Not happening any more!

So here's what I'm gonna do.  I'm gonna keep on living life to the very best of my ability.  I'm gonna do every single workout and go on every single run and I'm gonna push myself to go farther, faster, harder.  There are no excuses for why I can't.  NONE!


I'm blessed that I have amazing family and friends who are supporting me and they have all vowed to hold me accountable.  I'm no longer hiding away or taking any of it for granted.  This is bigger than excuses. This is bigger than me.  And I'll be damned if I let myself get in the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment