Monday, July 14, 2014

Get It Done Week #1 Update

Since I've proclaimed to all the world via the interwebs that I was going to get my behind in gear and we all know that anything said on the world wide web is pretty much a binding contract that is around forever for all the world to see, I figured I'd give you all an update on how week one went.  Here you go:
 
Monday
4 mile run after work.  It was a rough day at work so most of us were not feeling like running at all but we got out anyway and got a 4 mile tempo run in.
 
Tuesday
AM: Early morning kickboxing DVD and ab workout.  I didn't get up early enough to make it to RIPPED so this served as my crosstraining substitute.
 
PM: Speedwork at the track.  I really dislike the track but it got done.  That's all.
 
Wednesday
AM: 6 mile run at o'dark thirty.  Holy humidity!  I was dripping in sweat within the first mile and my lungs were not having any of it but Thepinkhatrunner and I got it done.  Team Asthmatics for the win!
 
PM: 5 mile run after work.  Much better than Monday's slog, we ended up doing a decent progressive run and I got to test out my new Oiselle top.  Verdict: LOVE!
 

Happy to get my run on
 
Thursday
Rest day. My body was exhausted so I took my rest day early.  I'm really working on this whole "listening to my body" thing.
 
Friday
Kickboxing DVD and ab workout.  I was super excited to come home to find the UPS man had delivered my PiYo package so that's on the docket for today.

 
PiYo
 
Saturday
8 mile run with Team in Training.  Another humid day.  I'm really sick of the darn humidity around here.  It needs to go back to where it came from...I want my normal coastal weather back!

Go Team!
 
 
Sunday
10 miles and hills for breakfast.  Being the ever so smart runner that I am I forgot my inhaler. And it was super humid with tons of allergens in the air.  Whomp whomp!  Since I'm such a good friend I decided to save my group from the trauma of dealing with me having an asthma attack in the middle of nowhere and dialed down the pace, easing up even more if I even felt the slightest tightening in my chest. 

 
So there you have it!  Not exactly true to the plan that I had set for myself but I got all my runs in and I did get my crosstraining days in so I call it a win.  It's Week 2 and I'm looking to stick closer to the original workout plan that I set.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment