Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bruises, Hills and Sunrises

Sooo...I'm apparently a horrible blogger. Sorry guys!  I promise I'm not intentionally neglecting my little corner of the interwebs, it's just life is getting in the way a bit.  BUT I'm still plugging away at my new fitness routine and having a grand time while I'm at it.  Instead of boring you with a detailed post of every single day since my last post I'll just do a weekend rundown leading up to today.  Here you go:

Saturday
My sister and cousin's Tough Mudder themed birthday party in SoCal.  My family loves themed parties and this one was a doozy!  Tons of fun games, including a relay through an inflatable obstacle course.  The funny thing is that I ended up with more bumps, bruises, scratches and scrapes than I did when I actually did Tough Mudder Tahoe!  Fun stuff.

I seriously love these guys
 
Sunday

Nothing happened on Sunday other than driving my exhausted behind back home.  That's considered a rest day right?!
 
Monday
Yesterday was rough.  I was physically exhausted and sleep deprived and it was our busiest work day so needless to say I really wasn't feeling like doing anything by the end of the day.  Thankfully, I sucked it up and got out and ran with my friends after work.  It wasn't pretty and it certainly wasn't easy but I got 5 miles done.  I was supposed to do PiYo when I got home but that didn't happen.  1 out of 2 isn't bad right?!
 
Tuesday
What a difference a day makes!  I am the antithesis of a morning person.  Seriously.  I abhor getting up before 9:00 AM and most people know to leave me alone for at least an hour when I first wake up.  But for whatever reason, o'dark thirty runs make me really, really happy.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a total grump when I first get up but something magical happens after the first mile with all those amazing running endorphins.  It just makes me HAPPY!
 
Today I ran with two of my sole sisters and we had hills for breakfast, tackling an especially challenging 1 mile hill.  I was sucking wind (literally wheezing - thankyouverymuch asthma) but I pushed through and conquered that bad boy!  We were rewarded with an absolutely beautiful sunrise.  Did I mention this run made me happy?  'Cuz it did.  I need more o'dark thirty runs in my life!
 
I have speed work at the track scheduled for tonight.  It probably won't be particularly speedy thanks to this morning's hill run but it'll be good for me nonetheless.
 
#calineedsnofreakingfilter
 
 
That's all I've got!  I promise I'll be better at checking in and providing updates.  Pinky swear!
 
What do you have on your fitness agenda today?  Are you running, getting a workout in or enjoying a rest day?



No comments:

Post a Comment