Thursday, April 10, 2014

R.I.P.P.E.D. + A Run

Last week I started going to the R.I.P.P.E.D. class that is offered at one of our local gyms.  For those who aren't familiar with R.I.P.P.E.D., here's a brief synopsis from their website:

R.I.P.P.E.D. - The One Stop Body Shock™ is a "Plateau Proof Fitness Formula" that helps you to create continuity, consistency and challenge in each and every R.I.P.P.E.D. class. It is Plateau Proof, because each component of the workout provides a uniquely different emphasis or system response, so your body never gets accustomed to the constantly changing format. Thus, regular R.I.P.P.E.D. participants achieve undeniable, ultimate results in minimal time, boasting 750-1000 calories burned in just 50 minutes. This total body, high intensity style program, utilizing free weights, resistance and body weight, masterfully combines the components of R.I.P.P.E.D.--- Resistance, Intervals, Power, Plyometrics and Endurance as the workout portion along with Diet suggestions to help you attain and maintain your physique in ways that are fun, safe, doable and extremely effective. The deliberate combination of the R.I.P.P.E.D. elements and how they are precisely organized in the R.I.P.P.E.D. class format provide the basis for the One Stop Body Shock System, by stimulating both, different energy systems and muscles in each workout segment, changing the focus and activities every 6 to 9 minutes. Along with driving, motivating music, participants jam through R.I.P.P.E.D. with smiles, determination and strength. No boredom here, for all levels, R.I.P.P.E.D. is effective, it’s tough yet doable; R.I.P.P.E.D. will absolutely challenge your levels of fitness and endurance!



This is my R.I.P.P.E.D. instructor, Marivel. She kicked my butt!

Today my R.I.P.P.E.D. instructor started rolling out part of the new season's routine.  Our workout was a combination of body weight, plyometrics, free weights, kickboxing and capoiera.  Holy cow did she make us work!  I'm pretty sure I left a pool of sweat on the floor. The tabata section was particularly brutal: burpees with mountain climbers as our "rest" period in between rounds and ending with a minute plank.  I think I died a little bit.  

Once I had the energy to pick myself off of the floor I decided to head out for a run.  'Cuz that's such a great idea after an intense workout with fatigued legs.  I originally planned to do hill repeats but decided that might be a little too crazy after the beating my body just took, even for me.  So I started slow and halfway through my first mile I decided to make it a progression run with each mile getting consecutively faster. Oh my freakin' GAWD! I forgot how hard progression runs were and my legs were pissed at me for trying to push them faster and faster.  There were a few times within the last two miles that I swore I was gonna puke but thankfully I didn't.  I really pushed and gutted it out in the last mile and got my first sub-8:00 min/mile for the year.  WOOHOO! Then of course, the dry heaving commenced.  It was really attractive let me tell you!

Final stats:
Distance: 6.01 miles
Total time: 51:52
Splits: 10:16, 8:58, 8:22, 8:18, 8:08, 7:50
Average time: 8:46 min/mile

I'm so happy with myself for getting my workout and run in today and it's given me hope that I haven't completely lost all of my speed.  I still have a whole lot of work to do to get to where I need to be but I know that as long as I'm consistent with both running and crosstraining I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment