Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekend Rundown

Here's a quick run/workout rundown of the last three days:
  • Saturday - 20 mile long run, stretching, foam rolling and eating
  • Sunday - 45 minute ab and mobility workout, stretching, foam rolling and being lazy
  • Monday - 60 minute Combat workout, 15 min abs, stretching and foam rolling
Now for my long run report.  This past Saturday I had 20 miles on my training calendar.  My amazing friend Michele was kind enough to run the first 10 miles with me before I had to run solo to finish up the final 10 miles.  The first 10 miles were perfect, nice easy pacing and great run weather.  But then in my infinite wisdom I decided that running one of the hardest, hilliest roads in the area would be a great idea for the end of my long run (note the extreme sarcasm there).  'Cuz you know...it's always a good idea to end a long run with tons of brutal hills.  Whoa was that hard!  I was running like a turtle in peanut butter up those hills but I kept thinking about my IRun4 buddy Jason and I made it!  Of course, at the time I decided that running Aguajito would be a good idea my brain somehow forgot that my entire last mile home would be a not-so-fun hill.  No bueno!  I have to admit that I only made it about a third of the way up before my legs and lungs decided they were done.  But I got the full 20 miles in and I survived with surprisingly minimal ill effects other than my usual tight calves (thanks hills) and some twinging in my right ankle from an injury that I sustained at a race two years ago thanks to a pacer and a tarantula.  Long story and yes I'm still bitter!

And because I believe sharing is caring, here are some gratuitous pics that I took along the way:




This girl is the bomb.com for running with me


 Oh Aguajito, you are one cruel HILLY road

That is the oceean that you see in the background. Gorgeous!

The main summit. After this it was just a few little rollers then all downhill-ish.

Yay for the slight downhill! Happy legs! At least until I got to that last one mile uphill.

Please excuse the goosebumps and chicken skin.  It was a bit chilly out.

The rest of Saturday included a nap, lots of stretching and foam rolling plus a sushi dinner with my cousin and godson.  Best recovery meal ever!

Hello beautiful! Get in my tummy!

Sunday was all about active recovery, lounging around in my pj's and enjoying the rainy weather wrapped up in a blanket.  I know, exciting right?!  And no I didn't watch the Superbowl.  Apparently I didn't miss much.

What did you do this weekend?  Did you get a run or workout in?

No comments:

Post a Comment