Thursday, February 27, 2014

These are a few of my favorite things

My first race of the year (I know!) is this Saturday and I am going crazy during this taper week.  Why is tapering the hardest part of training?  I'm starving ALL OF THE TIME and I have no means to get all of this pent up energy out.  It's nuts!  In an effort to get some happy thoughts going and distract myself from the taper crazies I've decided to list some of my favorite running related things.  Plus, it's always fun to see what runners do/don't like and what works for them.

These are a few of my favorite things:

CLOTHING

Long-sleeve:
I typically love to wear my race tops when I can but when I don't, these two are my go-to:
Swirlgear Long-Sleeve Top - Light and airy, great fit, wicks away sweat and truly functional.
Oiselle Flyte Long Sleeve  - Super soft, wicks away sweat, keeps me warm AND super duper cute. My current favorite!

Short-sleeve:
I don't buy short-sleeve shirts.  All of the ones that I own and use are my race shirts.  They work well and it's a great way for me to rock the shirts that I earned.  The only exception is my Swirlgear Capped Sleeve Shirt.

Sleeveless:
Lululemon Swift Tank - Although Lululemon is no longer making this beauty of a tank it is still my go to top for hot weather.  Flattering cut, criss cross back, built-in bra, moisture wicking, keeps me cool and tons of fun color combinations make this my running standard for sleeveless tops.
Oiselle Flyte Tank - As is to be expected from Oiselle, the fabric is uber soft, moisture wicking, long enough that I don't feel I have to yank it down as I run and of course really, really cute

Skirts:
Running Skirts (Running skirt or Athletic skirt) - I used to be a diehard Lululemon skirt girl until I tried out Running Skirts.  Holy awesomeness!  I've ran in both the running skirt and athletic skirt and not only are they amazingly cute and comfy, they are also extremely functional and flattering with tons of fun colors and patterns to choose from.  The big seller for me are the two pockets for holding your fuel.  LOVE!

Shorts:
Lululemon Groovy Shorts - Super cute, flattering and functional with tons of fun colors and patterns to choose from.
Oiselle Distance Shorts - Breathable fabric, moisture wicking, doesn't ride up while you're running, fun colors and most importantly 3 pockets!  These bad boys have helped me get rid of my running "fanny pack" for good.

Capris:
Lucy Endurance Capri - The first real piece of "real" running attire that I ever bought, these capris are still going strong 5 years later.
Tights:
Oiselle Lesley Running Tight - Confession: These are the only tights I've ever owned (other than some 2XU compression tights which were a workout to get on/off) however they are amazingly warm thanks to the fleece lining, moisture wicking, and makes the booty look fantastic!

Sports bra:
Moving Comfort Juno
Lululemon Ta-Ta Tamer

FOOTWEAR

Newton Distance - My go-to racing shoe
Newton Gravity - My go-to training shoe.  I will usually alternate between the Gravity and Distance for racing 26.2 miles or less.
Hoka Bondi B - My go-to for trails and ultramarathons
Injinji Performance Socks - My hands down favorite socks ever. I haven't had a blister since I switched too these.
CEP Compression Sleeves and Socks - CEP compression is my favorite for post-run recovery

GEAR

Amphipod Hydraform Handheld Ergo-Lite 16oz
Nathan Intensity 2L Womens Race Vest
Garmin 305 - Oldie but goodie.  It's still working like a champ so I'm in no hurry to upgrade or replace it any time soon.

FUEL AND SUPPLEMENTS

Clif Shot Bloks - Margarita Flavor
Honey Stinger Organic Energy Chews
Power Bar Performance Energy Blends
Picky Bars
Bonk Bars Peanut Butter and Jelly
NUUN
O2 Gold - Lemme tell ya, as a card carrying member of Team Asthmatics I fully appreciate anything and everything that allows me to breathe while running.  This stuff is the *ish!  I love it so much that I became an official Advocare distributor.
C12 Recovery
Albuterol Inhaler

RECOVERY/STRENGTH TRAINING EQUIPMENT

Trigger Point The GRID Foam Roller
Trigger Point Factor Massage Ball
The Stick
BOSU
Stability Ball
Resistance Bands
Various handheld weights
5 lb and 8 lb medicine ball


What are some of your favorite things?  Or do you just love all things running?

No comments:

Post a Comment