Monday, January 20, 2014

And a blog is born!

I know, I know. You're thinking, "Not another blog"! I deliberated for a really long time over whether or not to bite the bullet and add another blog to the slew of blogs that are readily available on the internet.  I certainly wasn't as fast or as knowledgeable or ran as far or as often as many of the amazing, established bloggers did. Honestly, I really didn't know if I had anything unique to offer.  But I realized that at the end of the day, this is my running adventure and I hope that this blog will be a space where I can write down my experiences, reflect and learn. And if by some chance others find my little corner of the interwebs and are either entertained, inspired or motivated that would be the cherry on the top of the cake!

So now that that's all said and done, let me introduce myself. My name is Sharon and I'm addicted to races, bling and supporting charities that I'm passionate about. I was never an athlete and most of my life the only exercise I did was eating. In 2009, inspired by the Biggest Loser contestants who were running marathons and motivated by my friends who were starting to run, I got out and started pounding the pavement. Two weeks after I started running I ran my very first race, the Together with Love 10k. That year I ran my very first half marathon and I've been addicted to races ever since! In 2011 I ran my first marathon, the Nike Women's Marathon, with Team in Training in memory of my Auntie Belma who passed away from lymphoma and ovarian cancer. I loved the whole marathon experience so much that I signed up for more and more races and well...it's just gone downhill from there! I'm not a fast runner by any means but I have my heart set on running Boston someday. If you're still reading along, THANK YOU! I hope you continue to come back to read about my shenanigans and follow my journey as I chase that Boston unicorn and "enthusiastically encourage" others to run with me along the way!


6 comments:

  1. And you were the one that got me started, so for that, I thank you! You are an inspiration and always push me to go a little further and try a little harder. I am eternally grateful for your friendship and guidance!
    Kandace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Kandace! I am so blessed to have you as my friend. Thank you for your eternal support and encouragement. Can't wait to to crew you for your first ultra! :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the world of the blog. I absolutely love following your success. The fact that we have some of the same goals make it even cooler. I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your constant support and encouragement Jeff! Your running posts were part of the inspiration for me to start my own blog...although your running adventures are considerably more badass than mine!

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world, there are so many awesome things about blogging :) I look forward to enjoying your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christy! I'll have to meander over to your blog and have a looksie as well. I love following fellow runners and reading about their running journey. :)

      Delete